Wednesday, October 14, 2009

To Find Out or Not to Find Out

Nicole is right. She and I are sharing this awesome journey and I couldn't be more thrilled to be sharing my first (and likely last) experience with pregnancy with her. We've been the best of friends since we were 9 (and we're AT LEAST 20 years older than that now) and have already shared so much along the way. We could not have planned this better. I'm thrilled.

However...although we see eye-to-eye on most things, our personal preferences tend to be quite different. She likes Pepsi. I like Coke. She welcomes chaos. I avoid it at all costs. She buys 7 gallons of milk at Costco at a time (for a week). I despise milk. She finds it absurd that expecting parents would not find out what they are having as soon as they can. I have never wanted to find out. In her first entry she mentioned that we both cannot wait to find out. My husband and I never wanted to find out but since we're having twins, we've started to sway toward finding out - and then back again to not finding out. It may be a game time decision. Nicole, feeling passionately about the need to find out, says she will put together a proposal for us before our ultrasound on Monday. I look forward to it. In the meantime, I'd love to hear your stories. Did you find out? Why or why not and would you change do it differently if you could?

No comments:

Post a Comment