Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sweet Dreams

I've been reading a lot about, well, everything - what's going on with my body, baby necessities (i.e. car seats), what's going on with the babies, etc. and along the way I read a brief article about the prevalence of vivid dreams. That is one thing that I will always remember about my pregnancy (seems many of my friends do not remember this as a defining characteristic of their pregnancies). I've had the most vivid dreams - and I have them often. In the article they talked about common dreams like going back to an old boyfriend or having your husband leave you (and they explained that as being a result of not feeling attractive). I was relieved that I had not had either of those dreams until I thought about the dreams I had been having. I have dreamt, on more than one occasion, about terrorist attacks and school shootings. Ironically no one gets hurt, it's just very scary and I wake up in a panic, of course (great way to start out the work day). I always have to wonder what terrible meal I ate the night before that may have contributed to such an awful dream (lobster gives me nightmares - but I haven't had any lobster). If I had to guess, I'd say it's associated with all the worries and fears that accompany caring for another human life. Luckily, I haven't had either of those dreams in awhile.

Anyway, last night I had a vivid dream where I was at a professional sporting event (Vikings, Wild, not sure which) and I went to the pro shop only to find just beach wear and beach themed souvenirs. I was looking at a two piece swimsuit (only in my dreams), when the sales associate asked me, "Is it hard to be so big?". Annoyed, I asked, "How much is this?", she responded with, "It's not going to fit you. You're huge." I looked at her like 'are you for real'? Wanting to seriously hurt her, I regained as much composure as I could and said, "I'm pregnant. It's temporary but your rudeness is permanent. You're screwed." She responded with, "Oh I didn't realize you were pregnant." I responded with, "Obviously." How does that happen?! It felt so good to say what I thought, even though I said it a little nicer than what I could have.

I haven't had anyone tell me - yet - how huge I am but I am bracing myself. As a woman, you are never comfortable having people evaluate your size (too big or too small) on a daily basis. The backwards thing is I can't wait to get huge (and then get it over with :). I've heard so many stories about premature twins that all I want is for my babies to continue to grow, grow, grow and then come out healthy and hearty (like their parents) and ready to meet the world. I'm glad I put this in print so in a couple months when I am huge, I will remember it is what I wished for :).

Sweet dreams,

- Nichole, with an H and the twin baby boys

No comments:

Post a Comment