Thursday, December 17, 2009

Greetings bffbabies junkies. Rich here posting a blog on behalf of Nichole (w/ an H). As you can see she's laying on her ass. I'd better get used to it, because as of December 15th, she is on strict bed rest. No that is not our bed at home, it's at the hospital. Signs of pre-term labor led Nichole to getting checked into Methodist on Tuesday. She had some testing done to make sure she wasn't going to go into full blown labor anytime soon. Tests came back negative...so we got that going for us, which is good. We are still here as of Thursday night, because of a regiment of steriods to promote lung growth in the babies. Additionally, Nichole was being administered doses of Magnesium to open her blood vessels and relax the muscles. It helps settle the uterus down and decreases the contractions. She still gets little contractions here and there, but her cervix is holding steady and we'll likely get her checked into Casa 2304 Van Sloun Rd tomorrow. But it's rest, rest, rest for Nichole. The silver lining in all of this, well, many, actually:

1.) Nichole is healthy.
2.) The boys are healthy.
3.) They are getting superb care at Methodist.

Peace and Love, Peace and Love.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nichole, How are you getting along? I am concerned about you and the boys, but I am sure you are in the best of care. Are you at home yet. I'm sure Rich is waiting on your every whim. Is there anything you need? I will come and visit probably after Christmas. I will bring dinner some night. Will keep in touch. Lots of Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nichole and Rich.. well since I didnt hear back from you (sent you a text today) I figured that maybe you posted on your blog!! Yeah - okay so glad to hear all is well ,.., I know you will follow orders : ) know that I am thinking and praying for you two! Lots of love, Lucy

    ReplyDelete