Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Shopping 2009

It has been a little bit since I've blogged, actually I think it was when we found out we were having a girl. That news has sunk in and we are all getting use to adding pink to our house. I had good a friend bring over one of their daughter's tu-tus. It is so cute and I can't believe we are going to have someone running around in one of those.

Yesterday (Black Friday) Nichole and I went shopping. When I say we went shopping, we WENT SHOPPING. We met at 3:45am at Kohls at EP mall and didn't end until 4:30pm. Some of you might say WHAT? 2 pregnant women shopping for 12 1/2 hours???? Yes we did it.

We had many pregnancy brain moments throughout the day, some funny looks and comments from random people. At one place while we were checking out, the cashier said to me "You'll probably end the day at the hospital". WHAT I'm 23 1/2 weeks pregnant, I better not end up at the hospital. I immediately turned to Nichole and said to the woman, "we aren't due until March". Nichole proceeded to add that she was having twins. So basically the woman thought I was huge and ready to pop. Mind you she had 7 children, I just chalked it up to her having no brain left after 7 kids.

Another funny thing that happened, was my husband (Brian) wrote us a note for our shopping trip. It was actually a top ten list. I'll give you the general highlights. "don't spend too much money, have fun, something about what men like, life is short and something about larger body parts" We read it while we were waiting in line and couldn't stop laughing.

Nichole has some great pictures of my car (a Tahoe that we filled to the top) and us trying to fill her car with her stuff. It barely fit. I'm sure she will post them.

All in all it was a great day, very productive with lots of laughs. 90% of my shopping is done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment